Error when opening Visual Studio 2008 project in Visual Studio 2010

The error I receive when trying to open Visual Studio 2008 project/solution in Visual Studio 2010 is “cannot be opened because its project type (.csproj) is not supported by this version of the application.” and “To open it, please use a version that supports this type of project”
image
I found a few link to this issue but they all refer to opening a Visual Studio 2005 project in 2008.  Since I couldn’t find an answer pertaining to VS 2010, I decided to use the solutions that I found for 2008. 
All the solution I found mention running this command “devenv.exe /resetskippkgs”.  So I open the Command Prompt and navigated to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE” and ran “devenv.exe /resetskippkgs”.  This seem to fix the issue.  Visual Studio 2010 started and I receive the usual notification when opening a 2008 project in 2010.
image

Comments