Installing NetFx3 on Windows Server 2012

Error while enabling Windows feature : NetFx3, Error Code : –2146498298 , Please try enabling Windows Feature : NetFx3 from Windows management tools and then run setup again.

 
 
Problem.
It turns out that Windows Server 2012 does not include NetFx3 when it is installing. It doesn’t mean that it is gone, but it does have to be installed separately. Here’s what you do:
1) Insert your Windows Server 2012 media. As I was installing SQL Server in a Hyper-V VM I ejected the SQL media and attached my Windows Server 2012 ISO. I then checked to see what drive letter it was (D:).
2) I opened a Command Prompt with administrative credentials. From the Start Screen I typed CMD but instead of clicking on it or pressing ENTER I right-clicked, and at the bottom clicked on Run As Administrator.
3) From the Command Prompt I typed the following command:
dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:netfx3 /all /source:d:\sources\sxs
 


Comments